THE SHADDOX BOYS

Jacob and Elijah Shaddox are brothers. Jacob is 21 years old and just moved into an apartment with his girlfriend. He graduated from a technical college with an Associate's degree in Computer Maintenance. He works for a school district as a computer technician. Elijah is almost 18 years old. He is hearing impaired, has Tourette Syndrome, OCD and ADHD. He is a junior in high school. Elijah lives with his mom Mary and her wife, his stepmom. Mary has a bachelor's in deaf education and a masters in special education, and is an educational diagnostician. Life is always changing and this blog has chronicled many of these changes and will continue to do so!






Saturday, March 13, 2010

Will we survive the Teen years?


We are at my mom's for the weekend in Marhsall, TX. So far it has been a good visit. However we could not get Jacob's wireless working on his laptop, so we had to plug him in! ha! There was some drama involved with trying to fix it, but we finally just had to give up. This picture is what he looks like most days! Don't you love that face!

I called Dell this morning and spent 90 min with a very patient tech person, who checked things out remotely on my computer. It is amazing to me that they can connect to my computer from somewhere else and control the mouse. I am so glad they can, because it is just to technical for me. I spent 90 min. on the phone and it was determined that something is corrupted on the hard drive so they are sending a new hard drive with all of his original programs installed. I was proud of him. He took it well. Asked if we could get him a thumb drive so he could save his stuff onto it and not lose it. He was very mature and helped me with some things and was not upset that we would have to wait for a hard drive. He can still use the computer, but not wirelessly. I will have to reinstall Windows 7, that will be half a day with tech support but they do help a lot.

We go off to Walmart. Elijah picks out some legos and Jacob finds a game he wants to buy with his money. I front him $7 to get it and his grandmother buys him a thumb drive. After all purchases are made, his mood gets SOUR. He just wants to GO back to grandmas and get busy on his computer. We are hungry and want to get something to eat, so we stop at Chilis. OH my, he decides NOT to order anything and to sit there and pout. Oh my can he pout. After about 15 min of us ignoring him, he finally starts talking to us. I am going to have to have a long talk with him about how he behaves. I hope we can survive these teen years. I never knew boys could be so dramatic. I also think he has some OCD because once he gets in his head what he wants to do, he doesn't like changing HIS plans of what he though would happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment