THE SHADDOX BOYS

Jacob and Elijah Shaddox are brothers. Jacob is 21 years old and just moved into an apartment with his girlfriend. He graduated from a technical college with an Associate's degree in Computer Maintenance. He works for a school district as a computer technician. Elijah is almost 18 years old. He is hearing impaired, has Tourette Syndrome, OCD and ADHD. He is a junior in high school. Elijah lives with his mom Mary and her wife, his stepmom. Mary has a bachelor's in deaf education and a masters in special education, and is an educational diagnostician. Life is always changing and this blog has chronicled many of these changes and will continue to do so!






Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Our cats



I haven't written about our kitties in a while, so I thought I would do that tonight. I need a distraction from tics!

Tiger, our black tabby, is doing well. He got sick about six weeks ago, but after a trip to the vet and some antibiotics he is doing well. He did hurt his foot the week before spring break and we had to go back to the vet. He had scraped up his paw pads pretty bad. He got to go with us on a trip to my mom's house. Thankfully he is a pretty laid back cat and did well on the drive there. He even ventured out and walked around her house and explored. I slept with him every night in one of her spare rooms and boy did he lay the love on me. I think he was afraid I would leave him there!

Perky is our white cat with some black fur, but more white than black. She was sick before Tiger got sick. Oh my vet bill is higher than I would like it to be. She is my only female companion in this house. She is laying next to me as I type and enjoying it when I pet her. She doesn't like to be held much, and we enjoy annoying her and making her "yodel". If you don't know what this is, go to youtube and search for cat yodeling. She has the best hearing. If I even raise the blinds in Elijah's room she is the first cat in the room to look out the window.

Oreo is our tuxedo cat who is black with some white. His name is Oreo because he is black with a white middle! We got him back in December and he is our baby kitten. It took a while for Perky and Tiger to accept him, but they are a wild bunch now. Oreo loves to have his stomack rubbed and he will let us hold him for a long time. He gets a little freaked when new people come over, but he was abandoned as a kitten and found under a house. I don't blame him for being skittish. He was uneasy with us for a whlie, but now les us scoop him up and carrying him around.

Jacob is our "cat whisperer". He loves to pick up one of the cats and just roll with him or her. They usually all sleep with him at night. Elijah loves the cats also, and he is very sweet with them. It helps with his behavior to have the cats.

We do love our kitties. Perky is still next to me, Oreo is asleep in a bing bag chair and Tiger just came in to see us! Now if they would only clean the house during the day when I am at work! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment