THE SHADDOX BOYS

Jacob and Elijah Shaddox are brothers. Jacob is 21 years old and just moved into an apartment with his girlfriend. He graduated from a technical college with an Associate's degree in Computer Maintenance. He works for a school district as a computer technician. Elijah is almost 18 years old. He is hearing impaired, has Tourette Syndrome, OCD and ADHD. He is a junior in high school. Elijah lives with his mom Mary and her wife, his stepmom. Mary has a bachelor's in deaf education and a masters in special education, and is an educational diagnostician. Life is always changing and this blog has chronicled many of these changes and will continue to do so!






Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring Cleaning


Well the boys and I are off this week. I decided to check out all of Elijah's clothes since he has been putting on weight and growing a bit taller. I found some size 12 and 14 jeans that were Jacob's and so I am saving those. I found some 10 regular jeans but most of them were too tight. He has a BELLY on him right now. I did find a great deal of size eight and ten shirts so I think he is good for now on shirts. There are some shorts he can wear also. I went through Jacob's clothes too, but there wasn't much that didn't fit him. However a size 16 pair of pants/shorts that I found on clearance are too small. DANG it. I 'll have to save them for Elijah.

I just bought a pair of eight husky jeans for Elijah about a week ago. In a few weeks he can really start wearing shorts to school everyday. He has one more year where he can wear regular clothes to school and then he goes to standardized dress at school. It really does make it easier when they move to that dress code.

I have about seven bags of clothes to donate tomorrow when we go off. I already had two bags of clothes in the garage from some other cleaning I had done.

I'll just have to make sure to have the boys with me if I decide to shop for them. This is especially true with pants and shorts.

I also cleaned out my refrigeator yesterday and cleaned all of the shelving. OH my they were a mess and it is nice now to open the fridge and see how clean it is.

I may have Jacob help me tackle the garage later this week! Don't you know he will love helping me! NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment