THE SHADDOX BOYS

Jacob and Elijah Shaddox are brothers. Jacob is 21 years old and just moved into an apartment with his girlfriend. He graduated from a technical college with an Associate's degree in Computer Maintenance. He works for a school district as a computer technician. Elijah is almost 18 years old. He is hearing impaired, has Tourette Syndrome, OCD and ADHD. He is a junior in high school. Elijah lives with his mom Mary and her wife, his stepmom. Mary has a bachelor's in deaf education and a masters in special education, and is an educational diagnostician. Life is always changing and this blog has chronicled many of these changes and will continue to do so!






Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer!

Today was really our first full week day home for the summer. We left right away for our vacation to the beach on my last day at work on June 4th. Elijah and I slept in to about 9:00 which was nice. He had pancakes for breakfast and I ate my bagel! He played on the computer and later the Wii while I read a book and did a few things around the house.

We later went to the post office and picked up a weeks worth of mail. Not much in there, except a few bills...ugh! Jacob slept to about 11:00 and then I got him up. We have to go to two doctor's appointments on Thursday and he has to go with me, because one of them is for him, so I need him to start trying to wake up at a semi-decent hour. Of course, he says he is a teen and teens are supposed to sleep! ha! On Thursday I plan on going to one appointment, then taking the boys to a movie and then going to our second appointment. Both are in the same area and about 40 min away, so we are not driving home!

Elijah and I went to the library today. He picked out five books. I had gone to the fiction section and found four books by two authors I have just discovered. It was nice to walk into the children's section and find him sitting at a table flipping through a book. He had several picked out already.

We had a lazy afternoon at home and a nice dinner. I just came back from blockbuster with some ice cream from Sonic to surprise the boys. We all enjoyed it.

Tiger, our black tabby, is sleeping next to me and I am sure Perky is back in Jacob's room with him. Oreo could be anywhere! All three cats have been quite loving the last few days since we came home. I think they really missed us.

I may go into work for a few hours tomorrow, but nothing major. I have a three day conference to attend in July and a two day workshop in August. Other than that the summer is MINE, and the boys too, of course. We have my dad's pool we can visit. Oh and we are going to have Elijah's kid birthday party in July(birthday was in April, but he wanted a swim party so we pushed the party to the summer) and Jacob's actual bithday is in July! It will be a busy month when it comes to birthdays!

Hope everyone else is having a great summer break so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment