THE SHADDOX BOYS

Jacob and Elijah Shaddox are brothers. Jacob is 21 years old and just moved into an apartment with his girlfriend. He graduated from a technical college with an Associate's degree in Computer Maintenance. He works for a school district as a computer technician. Elijah is almost 18 years old. He is hearing impaired, has Tourette Syndrome, OCD and ADHD. He is a junior in high school. Elijah lives with his mom Mary and her wife, his stepmom. Mary has a bachelor's in deaf education and a masters in special education, and is an educational diagnostician. Life is always changing and this blog has chronicled many of these changes and will continue to do so!






Saturday, February 13, 2010

Taking care of myself!

I debated on whether or not to blog about this and then thought, what the hell, why not! My exhusband has had a run of bad luck, which I won't get into, but we have worked out some things with child support so he could "get back on his feet". He now has two jobs and getting his life together.

We have had a "friendly" relationship since the divorce and get along for the sake of the kids and for my sanity. I just don't want to be angry at him and have it consume me. However, I finally had to tell him yesterday that I really didn't want to HEAR anymore about him and his relationship with his girlfriend. Not that he talks about her a lot, but recently he has spoken of her more and I really DON'T want to hear it. I finally just told him and he took it pretty well and understood why I didn't want to hear about her. I just finally had to have the nerve to take care of myself and tell him NO MORE, but in a nice way.

My boys love their dad and I don't want to stand between them and their dad. I have known the man since 1985, so 25 years. That is a long time, so we have a lot of shared memories. I don't mind being friendly to him, but that doesn't mean we have to be friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment