THE SHADDOX BOYS

Jacob and Elijah Shaddox are brothers. Jacob is 21 years old and just moved into an apartment with his girlfriend. He graduated from a technical college with an Associate's degree in Computer Maintenance. He works for a school district as a computer technician. Elijah is almost 18 years old. He is hearing impaired, has Tourette Syndrome, OCD and ADHD. He is a junior in high school. Elijah lives with his mom Mary and her wife, his stepmom. Mary has a bachelor's in deaf education and a masters in special education, and is an educational diagnostician. Life is always changing and this blog has chronicled many of these changes and will continue to do so!






Saturday, February 20, 2010

Stress and Weight


Thankfully I am not stressed today. When I am stressed, I eat and that is not good for someone trying to lose weight. I joined weight watchers online back on January 4th and have lost 14 lbs since then. I have also been working out with the Wii Fit Plus and doing step aerobics.

I have three stressors in my life....my job, my youngest son, Elijah, and my exhusband. How I choose to deal with the stress is up to me though. I do have choices. Thankfully my job is not always stressful, but does have times when it can be a huge stress for me. Elijah is the joy of my life as is Jacob, but Elijah can cause me so much stress. I have to be so consistent with him and really can never let my guard down with him. I won't even get into why my exhusband stresses me, it is nothing that he does intentionally it is me and my OCD and worrying about money.

I hope to keep making good food choices and to keep exercising. Exercising also helps with the stress! Kill two birds with one stone!

No comments:

Post a Comment