THE SHADDOX BOYS

Jacob and Elijah Shaddox are brothers. They live with their mom, Mary, who is the writer of this blog. Jacob is 19 and is now four inches taller than his mom! He also has ADHD and gorgeous red hair. He is a freshman at a technical college studying computer maintenance. Elijah is 15! He is in 9th grade and he is not in ROTC at his high school. He also had red hair, but it is lighter and not as thick as his brother's hair. He is hearing impaired(auditory neuropathy) and wears two cochlear implants. He also has tourette syndrome, ADHD, OCD and anxiety! Mary just started her 25th year as a teacher of the deaf. She is also in her last semester of graduate school to be a diagnostician! She will graduate in December of 2015!





Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Locked Doors

My sister, nephew, Elijah and I are staying at a hotel on the Riverwalk in San Antonio. We let the boys swim last night for a bit. Elijah and I headed up to the room first. He went in the bathroom to take a shower and locked the door. He didn't have his "ears" on so there was no way to communicate with him. He is notorious for taking long showers and getting water everywhere. I was not happy the door was locked. I grabbed the do not disturb sign and slid part of it under the door and waved it back and forth. He finally sees it and yells "what". I waved it some more and he opened the door. I sign to him to NOT lock the door. He nodded and got in the shower. Oh the fun of traveling with a deaf child.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I have the same problem with my son, except it's not showers that are the problem, but bringing a book for an extended sit down. With the door locked. And we only have one bathroom in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me very glad that we have two bathrooms. I just kept picturing a HUGE mess in this hotel bathroom!

    ReplyDelete