THE SHADDOX BOYS

Jacob and Elijah Shaddox are brothers. Jacob is 21 years old and just moved into an apartment with his girlfriend. He graduated from a technical college with an Associate's degree in Computer Maintenance. He works for a school district as a computer technician. Elijah is almost 18 years old. He is hearing impaired, has Tourette Syndrome, OCD and ADHD. He is a junior in high school. Elijah lives with his mom Mary and her wife, his stepmom. Mary has a bachelor's in deaf education and a masters in special education, and is an educational diagnostician. Life is always changing and this blog has chronicled many of these changes and will continue to do so!






Monday, January 11, 2010

More on People in our Lives

Well it was pointed out to me by one of my former students that I had not mentioned others in my life! As a teacher I have had many students come and go, and I remember all of them. Being in deaf ed. I had the majority of my students for at least all four years of high school and others even longer. They touched my life and I hoped I touched theirs. I was also the sponsor of a sign language club called Silent Friends and met many other kids that way.

There are several students that I still keep in touch with on Facebook. Shanda, Angie, Robert, Shanda Joy, Nicole, Paul, Freddy, Austin, Jerry and MaryAmber are all on Facebook. Some of them graduated many years ago and others more recently. It is hard for me to believe that so many of them have grown up and gone on to live their own lives. I am thrilled that many of them want to keep in touch.

I have been teaching now for 19 years and I hope to continue for many more years to come. I started off with high schoolers and many of them are not too much younger than me. More recent graduates I have known since they were in elementary school and I watched them grow up. They all helped me to be a better mom and hopefully have prepared me for those teen years!

No comments:

Post a Comment