THE SHADDOX BOYS

Jacob and Elijah Shaddox are brothers. Jacob is 21 years old and just moved into an apartment with his girlfriend. He graduated from a technical college with an Associate's degree in Computer Maintenance. He works for a school district as a computer technician. Elijah is almost 18 years old. He is hearing impaired, has Tourette Syndrome, OCD and ADHD. He is a junior in high school. Elijah lives with his mom Mary and her wife, his stepmom. Mary has a bachelor's in deaf education and a masters in special education, and is an educational diagnostician. Life is always changing and this blog has chronicled many of these changes and will continue to do so!






Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sometimes I Wonder!

Sometimes I wonder if Elijah will ever just be an easy child to take care of. If it isn't one thing it is another. Now, I know better than to complain...many children have a great many more issues than Elijah has but some days....some days I wonder if I can keep it up.

Between his processors, which are usually easy to maintain, but at times can be a huge responsibilty. Just the other morning, one would not turn on and we spent five long minutes trying to troubleshoot the processor. We finally figured out the controller was not working and pulled out his backup processor. Made for a stressful five minutes when you are trying to get out the door to school and work.

Today I took an hour long nap due to a headache. I wake up to him with NO shirt on. I figure he got warm and left it at that. I asked him to put his shirt on so we could go for a walk and his collar is all chewed up on a brand new shirt his grandma just gave him. ARGH! I can't even take a nap without something like this happening. It may seem like a small thing, but I am pretty sure this shirt is now ruined and it has been worn only one time.

Elijah also has a cough right now on top of Jacob having the flu earlier in the week. Elijah has been doing breathing treatments since yesterday morning. I have been talking to the pulmanologist since yesterday and he thinks things are getting better based on my reports and I agree, but it takes forever to get rid of this kind of cough.

It has just been a long day home today. Elijah has also been a bit arguementative and that gets on my last nerve too. Alright, I am done with my venting. Tomorrow is another day and at least I get to go to work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment