THE SHADDOX BOYS

Jacob and Elijah Shaddox are brothers. They live with their mom, Mary, who is the writer of this blog. Jacob is 19 and is now four inches taller than his mom! He also has ADHD and gorgeous red hair. He is a freshman at a technical college studying computer maintenance. Elijah is 15! He is in 9th grade and he is not in ROTC at his high school. He also had red hair, but it is lighter and not as thick as his brother's hair. He is hearing impaired(auditory neuropathy) and wears two cochlear implants. He also has tourette syndrome, ADHD, OCD and anxiety! Mary just started her 25th year as a teacher of the deaf. She is also in her last semester of graduate school to be a diagnostician! She will graduate in December of 2015!





Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Teen Bedroom

OH MY! At any given time I can walk into Jacob's room and find TRASH! He leaves water bottles, gatorade bottles, chip bags, and worst of all cat food cans in the trash can. UGH! He feeds one of the cats back there and doesn't walk the can to the kitchen trash. I ahve tried and tried to get him to keep it clean, and finally figured out a way, I hope anyway.

I told him a few days ago to get all the trash up and IF I found ONE more piece of food trash in his room he would lose his laptop for a day for EACH piece of trash. Well, it finally happened, I found a gatorade bottle in his room this evening and told him to shut down his laptop! He looked at me like I was nuts and didn't remember our conversation. I also found a few other pieces of trash and warned if he argued I would count them up and take his laptop away for that many days.

Needless to say he put his laptop on my bed and threw out all of his trash! I am hoping if I check his room daily and enforce this rule, he will learn to keep his room clean. I can try anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment