THE SHADDOX BOYS

Jacob and Elijah Shaddox are brothers. Jacob is 21 years old and just moved into an apartment with his girlfriend. He graduated from a technical college with an Associate's degree in Computer Maintenance. He works for a school district as a computer technician. Elijah is almost 18 years old. He is hearing impaired, has Tourette Syndrome, OCD and ADHD. He is a junior in high school. Elijah lives with his mom Mary and her wife, his stepmom. Mary has a bachelor's in deaf education and a masters in special education, and is an educational diagnostician. Life is always changing and this blog has chronicled many of these changes and will continue to do so!






Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day



I just wanted to say Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there. I had a pretty good day with both my boys. I got to watch a movie this morning, which was nice! The boys and I went out to eat with my brother, sister-in-law and niece! We ate at an Italian restaurant and I brought a delicious piece of cheese cake home that I ate later with a glass of milk.

Elijah made me a mother's book at school and it is just precious. Jacob just gave me a picture he made for me at school. I got a $15 Itunes card and I always enjoy getting one of those.

Being a mom has got to the one of the hardest jobs I have ever done, but also the most rewarding. I have been a single mom now for almost a year and I have survived it and enjoyed it. It has not always been easy, but I am thankful for these two boys everyday. Just a smile from them makes my day.

I am counting the days until we are out for the summer and headed to the beach. I am really looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment