THE SHADDOX BOYS

Jacob and Elijah Shaddox are brothers. Jacob is 21 years old and just moved into an apartment with his girlfriend. He graduated from a technical college with an Associate's degree in Computer Maintenance. He works for a school district as a computer technician. Elijah is almost 18 years old. He is hearing impaired, has Tourette Syndrome, OCD and ADHD. He is a junior in high school. Elijah lives with his mom Mary and her wife, his stepmom. Mary has a bachelor's in deaf education and a masters in special education, and is an educational diagnostician. Life is always changing and this blog has chronicled many of these changes and will continue to do so!






Sunday, November 17, 2013

Growing Up is Hard to Do!

Jacob has learned two important lessons this week! First, he decided to transfer money from his savings to his checking account one too many times and was charged a $6 fee. I caught it when I was double checking his accounts. He was not too happy that he had to "pay" to use his own money. I went up to the bank and they gave him his money back and we set up his account, so he can have more transfers. I didn't tell him that though! I am trying to instill in him that a savings account is for savings!

Jacob was then at work last night, and when he went to come home, his car wouldn't start. I got a call from him around 10:45 to tell me that it wouldn't start. I went to pick him up and we decided to handle it this morning. It looked like the battery was the problem, but we weren't sure. Thankfully, the parking lot where the car was is very close to an auto shop. We went here first and the mechanic and Jacob walked over to the car. The mechanic took a jump starter kit with them. The car started and they drove it back over. It was the battery! I paid to get it replaced and he will pay me back half.

I am glad these things happened while he was home and not away at college. He is learning how to take responsibility and grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment