THE SHADDOX BOYS

Jacob and Elijah Shaddox are brothers. Jacob is 21 years old and just moved into an apartment with his girlfriend. He graduated from a technical college with an Associate's degree in Computer Maintenance. He works for a school district as a computer technician. Elijah is almost 18 years old. He is hearing impaired, has Tourette Syndrome, OCD and ADHD. He is a junior in high school. Elijah lives with his mom Mary and her wife, his stepmom. Mary has a bachelor's in deaf education and a masters in special education, and is an educational diagnostician. Life is always changing and this blog has chronicled many of these changes and will continue to do so!






Sunday, July 15, 2012

Update on Tics and Sleeping!

Elijah's tics are still around, but they seem to be a little less intense.  I notice them more in the afternoon and early evening before he goes to bed. I realized today that I hadn't heard any LOUD tics in a while, but had heard some quiet ones. I'll have to pay a bit more attention tomorrow.

Now Thursday and Friday night he had a hard time going to sleep. We had eaten dinner late and he had a late bath. He gets an hour of electronics at night and I think he was playing to close to his bed time. I changed things up and now there are no electronic games after 8:00 and he fell asleep just fine last night. I am very glad of that! He slept almost eleven hours last night! He fell asleep quickly tonight too! I'll update things in a few days and hopefully we won't have to add an additional dose of a medication.

No comments:

Post a Comment