THE SHADDOX BOYS

Jacob and Elijah Shaddox are brothers. Jacob is 21 years old and just moved into an apartment with his girlfriend. He graduated from a technical college with an Associate's degree in Computer Maintenance. He works for a school district as a computer technician. Elijah is almost 18 years old. He is hearing impaired, has Tourette Syndrome, OCD and ADHD. He is a junior in high school. Elijah lives with his mom Mary and her wife, his stepmom. Mary has a bachelor's in deaf education and a masters in special education, and is an educational diagnostician. Life is always changing and this blog has chronicled many of these changes and will continue to do so!






Thursday, July 26, 2012

Update on Loss/Damage Coverage

I have been on the phone several times with Cochlear and with my home owners insurance. They can cover it under home owners, but it would have to be lost or damage AT HOME. They can also cover it under a personal articles policy that would have no deductible if lost or damaged. Well, Cochlear has had to send me three different emails, because they kept making mistakes on a quote for the home owner's people. Finally, after we get it all figured out, I am quoted a price of $1330 for a YEAR to cover both processors....$110 a month. WELL, that is a heck of a lot more than the $550 I paid ESCO for one years worth of coverage.

To top things off, I get the letter in the mail today stating that ESCO cannot cover Elijah's processors again. When I checked Cochlear's website, the warranty PLUS the loss/damage for two processors is $1570. I just don't need the warranty right now, I just need the loss damage. Needless to say, I am not happy. I may have to talk to the home owner's insurance people and see if that is the ONLY coverage they can offer. I am sure I could call some other insurance companies, but they may not deal with me since my home owners is not with them. You never know though. We may just have to roll the dice and go without coverage for a year. He has never lost one before and been implanted for almost 11 years. I just hate the thought of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment