THE SHADDOX BOYS

Jacob and Elijah Shaddox are brothers. Jacob is 21 years old and just moved into an apartment with his girlfriend. He graduated from a technical college with an Associate's degree in Computer Maintenance. He works for a school district as a computer technician. Elijah is almost 18 years old. He is hearing impaired, has Tourette Syndrome, OCD and ADHD. He is a junior in high school. Elijah lives with his mom Mary and her wife, his stepmom. Mary has a bachelor's in deaf education and a masters in special education, and is an educational diagnostician. Life is always changing and this blog has chronicled many of these changes and will continue to do so!






Thursday, February 17, 2011

Update on Elijah and Medication

Elijah's behavior has not been very consistent since he started on the steroid a week ago Monday. I called the doctor and she suggested we up one of his medications while he is on the steroid, so I did. It has taken a few days but he finally had an awesome day today at school. He seems to be back to his old self, for as long as it lasts, which I hope is for a while. He took his last steroid pill last night, but it can stay in his system for a week, so I am going to continue with the extra pill during that time. His cough is at least gone!

This morning he argued about getting dressed, and instead of arguing back I just told him he could go to school in his pajamas. Well, he didn't want to do that so he got dressed!! I so wish his life didn't hinge on how the chemicals in his brain were acting on any given day. He is so remorseful after he has a blow up. I don't even think he understands why he acts the way he does. We just keep working it out and I breathe a little deeper so I can keep my cool. All we can do is just keeping taking it one day at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment