THE SHADDOX BOYS

Jacob and Elijah Shaddox are brothers. Jacob is 21 years old and just moved into an apartment with his girlfriend. He graduated from a technical college with an Associate's degree in Computer Maintenance. He works for a school district as a computer technician. Elijah is almost 18 years old. He is hearing impaired, has Tourette Syndrome, OCD and ADHD. He is a junior in high school. Elijah lives with his mom Mary and her wife, his stepmom. Mary has a bachelor's in deaf education and a masters in special education, and is an educational diagnostician. Life is always changing and this blog has chronicled many of these changes and will continue to do so!






Friday, February 4, 2011

Iced in--Day 4

We woke up this morning to 5 inches of snow! Our district had already decided to close for today because we still had ice. The weatherman had predicted a light dusting of snow and here we are with 5 inches. I may try to get out later because I need more mucinex for Elijah's cough and maybe a few supplies. Plus we all just have cabin fever.

I am waiting on a call back from Elijah's pulmanologist. He has had a cough for a week and today it seems worse. I gave him a breathing treatment at 5:30 this morning when I heard him coughing in bed.

I hate to say it but Elijah is on my last nerve. He has become very arguementative and feels like he has to get the last word in. He has been this way for the last two days and is now in his room. He may just be there the rest of the day. I unplugged the Wii and moved it to my closet and have changed the password on the computer. I just don't get WHY it takes so many times for him to learn that back talk and attitude just lead to trouble for him. I am sure it ties in to his tourettes, OCD and ADHD, but it just gets old after a while. I hope I can survive the next two days!

No comments:

Post a Comment