Jacob and Elijah Shaddox are brothers. Jacob is 21 years old and just moved into an apartment with his girlfriend. He graduated from a technical college with an Associate's degree in Computer Maintenance. He works for a school district as a computer technician. Elijah is almost 18 years old. He is hearing impaired, has Tourette Syndrome, OCD and ADHD. He is a junior in high school. Elijah lives with his mom Mary and her wife, his stepmom. Mary has a bachelor's in deaf education and a masters in special education, and is an educational diagnostician. Life is always changing and this blog has chronicled many of these changes and will continue to do so!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Day at Home

Well I stayed home yesterday from work, because of an issue with my tire. The tire indicator light(which looks like this (!)) had come on and I knew I had a problem. Oh and with my OCD I worry about my tires all the time and I LOVE this new light indicator. It had come on last week and I had had air added to one tire and here the light was on again. I pulled into Discount Tire at 7:15 am and they didn't open until 8:00. Now I drive 30 min to work everyday and then drive at least another 100 miles on average daily for my job. I really didn't want to have a flat tire or a blow out somewhere in East Texas so I waited. I decided to call in and take a personal day because I also needed an oil change and the element in my oven was out.

So here I was with a day to myself to get chores done. I also found out a Taste of Wylie was happening so I paid for that and met my dad, stepmom and her mom for lunch. It was fun and I ate way too much. The repairman called while I was there and I met him at the house. He had my oven fixed in about 15 minutes and so I was glad I had stayed home to take care of things. I also picked Elijah up from school and then we waited for Jacob to take him to a doctor's appointment. Well, Elijah threw up at the doctor's office and they checked him out too. No strep, so we figured a stomach virus maybe.

Now, Elijah came home and held down water(by the spoonful at first) and sprite. He also ate some toast. He played on the computer and then went to bed. He said he felt fine so I dropped him off at school today. I know, bad momma, but I had kids to see and a meeting to attend. I almost made it to work and the school called. He was in the office tired and saying his tummy hurt. I stopped by work, talked to them and headed home.

He was dead asleep when I arrived at the school. He came home and ate some toast with some sprite. I made him lay down in my bed and we watched a movie together. Well, guess who fell asleep? ME! I woke up to the sounds of Wii in the den. He just ate a peanut butter sandwich and seems fine. I am wondering if he just had a touch of something OR just an upset stomach. He does take prevacid for acid reflux.

Now yesterday when I was home, I also cleaned house and did some other things. I also had SEVERAL phone calls from work. Today I have been lazy and taken a nap and played on the computer. It was nice to have that nap today, but OH MY it took a bit to wake me up. Maybe my batteries will be recharged now and it was nice to lay with Elijah and just watch a movie. Just letting my mind wander and then just falling asleep. Forgetting all the worries from work and from life. Sometimes it is just nice to have a day at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment