THE SHADDOX BOYS

Jacob and Elijah Shaddox are brothers. Jacob is 21 years old and just moved into an apartment with his girlfriend. He graduated from a technical college with an Associate's degree in Computer Maintenance. He works for a school district as a computer technician. Elijah is almost 18 years old. He is hearing impaired, has Tourette Syndrome, OCD and ADHD. He is a junior in high school. Elijah lives with his mom Mary and her wife, his stepmom. Mary has a bachelor's in deaf education and a masters in special education, and is an educational diagnostician. Life is always changing and this blog has chronicled many of these changes and will continue to do so!






Friday, April 9, 2010

Another Update!

The week started off rough for Elijah, but slowly got better. He has had an increase in tics and a change in meds. I think that has affected him, but hopefully we are on the right track now. His stomach troubles have improved. I think he has about cleared out his system! He amazes me with his academic knowledge and his ever increaseing vocabulary. Just crossing my fingers that things continue to go well. He is playing soccer and had one of his better games last night. He actually kicked the ball!

Jacob is out of his room more and playing with friends. Now that the weather is nicer he is out playing with friends most evenings. He and two friends came in when the sun went down and have been playing back in his room. I'll have to send them home in about 45 min! I am glad to see him get out more and off the computer!

I am doing well. Work keeps me very busy. I will travel to Austin for a meeting at the beginning of May. I have a three day workshop in Fort Worth in July. Thankfully, I'll be off most of the summer!

We head to the beach in June with my mom, sister, and my nephew. It will be fun. My grandmother has been ill and I cannot wait to see her. Please keep her in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment