THE SHADDOX BOYS

Jacob and Elijah Shaddox are brothers. Jacob is 21 years old and just moved into an apartment with his girlfriend. He graduated from a technical college with an Associate's degree in Computer Maintenance. He works for a school district as a computer technician. Elijah is almost 18 years old. He is hearing impaired, has Tourette Syndrome, OCD and ADHD. He is a junior in high school. Elijah lives with his mom Mary and her wife, his stepmom. Mary has a bachelor's in deaf education and a masters in special education, and is an educational diagnostician. Life is always changing and this blog has chronicled many of these changes and will continue to do so!






Thursday, July 10, 2014

Nothing New

There isn't too much new to write about these days. I got an A in my grad school class, and I am all registered for the Fall semester. Elijah is still liking his new Nucleus 6 processors. We went to visit my sister this past weekend and he got to use his Aqua+ Pack several times. I had to add the Namuu hat to keep the processor on while he was swimming. The mic lock tubing just wasn't keeping the processor on his head. We had a great time with my sister and my nephew Trent. I am home for a few weeks, then I will go to a three day conference. The boys will stay with my partner.

I am taking Jacob to his college orientation next week. We have slowly been purchasing what he will need for his apartment. We found a desk at an office supply place and I'll pick it up this weekend. I can't believe that he will be 2 hours away from me in just two months. I think I can survive it!

I hope everyone else is having a great summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment