THE SHADDOX BOYS

Jacob and Elijah Shaddox are brothers. Jacob is 21 years old and just moved into an apartment with his girlfriend. He graduated from a technical college with an Associate's degree in Computer Maintenance. He works for a school district as a computer technician. Elijah is almost 18 years old. He is hearing impaired, has Tourette Syndrome, OCD and ADHD. He is a junior in high school. Elijah lives with his mom Mary and her wife, his stepmom. Mary has a bachelor's in deaf education and a masters in special education, and is an educational diagnostician. Life is always changing and this blog has chronicled many of these changes and will continue to do so!






Friday, November 27, 2009

Life

We had a nice day today. My SIL and I braved Walmart at 5:00am and missed out on the laptops. However while looking at computers a woman walked up and asked if I wanted a laptop she had gotten earlier, but didn't want. It was the one on sale, and is the one I am typing on now. I snatched it up. So it was a good day, to start off with.

Later in the day, Elijah had issues playing with his two cousins. He just doesn't get how to socialize and get along with others. They decided not to play with him and that is fine. He has to learn. It is just hard, because I know he just "doesn't get it". It is due to the Tourettes, I believe. His brain just doesn't work like other people's brains work.

My sister and sister-in-law took the kids to the movies while my mom and I went to see the Blind Side. We then ate a good dinner and sister and SIL went to see the Blind Side while we watched the kids. Things started off rough, but now they are playing together and sharing and having a great time. I put away the Wii and they are actually playing with toys. Everyone is doing great and it is nice to see Elijah can get it together and share.

Three weeks and counting until Christmas Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment