THE SHADDOX BOYS

Jacob and Elijah Shaddox are brothers. Jacob is 21 years old and just moved into an apartment with his girlfriend. He graduated from a technical college with an Associate's degree in Computer Maintenance. He works for a school district as a computer technician. Elijah is almost 18 years old. He is hearing impaired, has Tourette Syndrome, OCD and ADHD. He is a junior in high school. Elijah lives with his mom Mary and her wife, his stepmom. Mary has a bachelor's in deaf education and a masters in special education, and is an educational diagnostician. Life is always changing and this blog has chronicled many of these changes and will continue to do so!






Saturday, November 7, 2009

Cute Conversation



So, why a picture of the beach in November! Well, as I said before Elijah has been asking me WHY questions a lot lately. On Friday morning, as we were driving to school he asks, "Why are the leaves fall from the trees?" I said, "well because it is the Fall, Autumn, and the leaves fall. Then winter comes and it gets cold and then the spring comes." Elijah says, "Oh the snow melts!" We don't get much snow here, so that was cute! I wish we got a little just for him! Anyway, I said "Yea, then then summer is after spring." He replied with "Oh the summer....We going to the beach??"

How in the heck did we get to the BEACH from a conversation about leaves falling from the tree! He does love the beach. He loves the wind coming off of the water. He had the best time the last time we went. He was the only kid who got in the gulf water and he wanted to be on the beach every second he could! He would just rip off off those processors and hand them over to me, then run for the water! I do hope we can go this next summer. I love the beach too, but I love it even more with both my boys.

Jacob enjoys building sand castles and roaming for things to look at on the beach. He isn't into swimming as much. On this last visit, we both got sick so that was no fun! He was sicker than me and had to spend one day in.

We could also see my grandmother. She is in her 80s and I have so many fond memories of my time with her as a child. I enjoy going to her house and just being with her. The boys really enjoy it too! I'll just have to see if I can put some money away so we can go!

No comments:

Post a Comment