THE SHADDOX BOYS

Jacob and Elijah Shaddox are brothers. Jacob is 21 years old and just moved into an apartment with his girlfriend. He graduated from a technical college with an Associate's degree in Computer Maintenance. He works for a school district as a computer technician. Elijah is almost 18 years old. He is hearing impaired, has Tourette Syndrome, OCD and ADHD. He is a junior in high school. Elijah lives with his mom Mary and her wife, his stepmom. Mary has a bachelor's in deaf education and a masters in special education, and is an educational diagnostician. Life is always changing and this blog has chronicled many of these changes and will continue to do so!






Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving

We celebrated Thanksgiving at my mother's house this past Thursday. My sister came into town with my nephew. They stayed with my mom. My brother, his wife and two kids came out on Thursday and then all four of us went out. Jacob drove out on his own so he could leave when he wanted too, but he stayed out for quite a while. Of course, we ate too much, but we do that every  year.


The younger kids, ages 10-14, played on electronics and had fun. My nephew, who is 4, entertained us with some of his funny sayings! We looked through all of the Black Friday sales. My honey and I ended up ordering several things through Amazon. I am not sure if any one else in the family got anything on that day. We drove home around 6:45 and were in bed by 9:30! It was a long day.


Yesterday, several of us went to the movies and then some of us went back to my mom's house. We had a nice dinner at a restaurant and then came home. Elijah went with me on some of my mystery shops today and we have had a nice lazy afternoon. I'll have to start getting ready to go back to work on Monday! Three weeks and counting until Christmas Break.

No comments:

Post a Comment