THE SHADDOX BOYS

Jacob and Elijah Shaddox are brothers. They live with their mom, Mary, who is the writer of this blog. Jacob is 19 and is now four inches taller than his mom! He also has ADHD and gorgeous red hair. He is a freshman at a technical college studying computer maintenance. Elijah is 15! He is in 9th grade and he is not in ROTC at his high school. He also had red hair, but it is lighter and not as thick as his brother's hair. He is hearing impaired(auditory neuropathy) and wears two cochlear implants. He also has tourette syndrome, ADHD, OCD and anxiety! Mary just started her 25th year as a teacher of the deaf. She is also in her last semester of graduate school to be a diagnostician! She will graduate in December of 2015!





Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Everything is Awesome!

I don't know that I would say EVERYTHING is AWESOME, but things are going pretty well. I selected this title because Elijah has been walking around singing this song from the LEGO movie for the last hour. Elijah has always enjoyed music, but he never really gotten into music. This changed about two months ago, when he realized he could find songs that I had on my iTunes account. He has several songs that he likes, but this is his favorite song right now. In fact, he just stood up to go to the kitchen and started singing it AGAIN. After another few days, I may be sick of it, but right now I think it is cute. It also amazes me still how well he does hearing with his cochlear implants. They are amazing devices.


He is acting like a typical teen more and more everyday! However, he still likes to sit with me on the couch and watch TV and holds my hand when we go for a walk. In fact, I am going to go and sit with him right now and watch the LEGO movie! I guess it is better than another episode of Myth Busters or Scooby Doo!

No comments:

Post a Comment