THE SHADDOX BOYS

Jacob and Elijah Shaddox are brothers. They live with their mom, Mary, who is the writer of this blog. Jacob is 19 and is now four inches taller than his mom! He also has ADHD and gorgeous red hair. He is a freshman at a technical college studying computer maintenance. Elijah is 15! He is in 9th grade and he is not in ROTC at his high school. He also had red hair, but it is lighter and not as thick as his brother's hair. He is hearing impaired(auditory neuropathy) and wears two cochlear implants. He also has tourette syndrome, ADHD, OCD and anxiety! Mary just started her 25th year as a teacher of the deaf. She is also in her last semester of graduate school to be a diagnostician! She will graduate in December of 2015!





Friday, December 6, 2013

ICED IN!

We have been told all week that a massive ice storm was headed our way. It became clear by Wednesday, that it was REALLY going to hit. The school district I work in cancelled school for today, yesterday afternoon. The boys' school district cancelled around 9:00 last night for today. Well, the ice did arrive. We lost power around 12:45 AM, but it did come back on around 5:30 this morning.

A branch in our front walkway.
Elijah sleeps with a light on in his room, so he woke up and called for me. I got him a flashlight and he went back to sleep. While I was in his room, I heard a LOUD POP! It really scared me. It took me a few minutes to figure out what it was. IT was the trees outside cracking when the limbs broke off from the heavy ice. I heard several more of these popping sounds throughout the night, but none as loud as the first one.

When it was finally light enough to see outside, I stepped out to look around. There were several tree limbs in my front yard. I looked up and down the street and see a HUGE tree trunk split down the middle, with limbs in four different directions. I think that was the loud sound that I heard in the middle of the night.

I hope we can survive three days together, because it will be Sunday afternoon before it gets above freezing.

Our tree in the front yard.

Our neighbor's small tree.

Our second tree!

Tree split in four directions.

One of our bushes in the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment