THE SHADDOX BOYS

Jacob and Elijah Shaddox are brothers. They live with their mom, Mary, who is the writer of this blog. Jacob is 19 and is now four inches taller than his mom! He also has ADHD and gorgeous red hair. He is a freshman at a technical college studying computer maintenance. Elijah is 15! He is in 9th grade and he is not in ROTC at his high school. He also had red hair, but it is lighter and not as thick as his brother's hair. He is hearing impaired(auditory neuropathy) and wears two cochlear implants. He also has tourette syndrome, ADHD, OCD and anxiety! Mary just started her 25th year as a teacher of the deaf. She is also in her last semester of graduate school to be a diagnostician! She will graduate in December of 2015!





Sunday, June 26, 2011

Where are the doughnuts?

"Where are the doughnuts from yesterday?", Jacob asked as he entered the kitchen about 9:00 last night. I looked at him wondering why I was being asked this question at this time of night. I had gotten doughnuts prior to our garage sale on Friday. We had eaten all but four of them. My friend who did the garage sale with me was back on Saturday so we finished off the doughnuts that morning. Jacob didn't even get up until 10:00 yesterday morning. So I looked at him and said, "We ate them this morning. You snooze you lose." He sighed loudly, rolled his eyes, and cringed a bit as he exited to his room.

The boy is an eating machine! I give him his box of cereal on Saturday morning and he doesn't get a new box until the next Saturday. If he eats it too quickly, well then he goes without. I bought ten boxes on sale and used a coupon with them all, but I still can't afford to go through three boxes of cereal in one week! If I buy grapes, he goes through them within two to three days. I also find stray grapes throughout the house. UGH! I also hide Power Zone drinks in the garage and ration them out as needed.

I hide Oreos from Elijah or he would eat them all in one sitting too! He is starting to get that teen appetite as well! He is also becoming more independent but I'll write about it later.

Pray I can continue to afford Jacob! He is eating like a MAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment