THE SHADDOX BOYS

Jacob and Elijah Shaddox are brothers. Jacob is 21 years old and just moved into an apartment with his girlfriend. He graduated from a technical college with an Associate's degree in Computer Maintenance. He works for a school district as a computer technician. Elijah is almost 18 years old. He is hearing impaired, has Tourette Syndrome, OCD and ADHD. He is a junior in high school. Elijah lives with his mom Mary and her wife, his stepmom. Mary has a bachelor's in deaf education and a masters in special education, and is an educational diagnostician. Life is always changing and this blog has chronicled many of these changes and will continue to do so!






Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A Little Bit of Sugar Goes a Long Way

I took Jacob and Elijah to see The Lego Movie this morning. I was surprised that Jacob decided to join us and we had a good time. We snuck in some candy and of course bought popcorn and some drinks. Sugar has always affected Elijah. It makes him moody and argumentative most of the time. I knew this when I let him have Sprite and M&Ms, but he has the right to be a kid on some days. I knew this going in, but boy did it really affect him today.

At first he was argumentative, which didn't make for an easy hair cut after the movie. We managed to get through that and arrived home. He didn't argue much the rest of the day, but his tics were off the chain. He was constantly making noise and chewing on anything he could put in his mouth. His tics have not been this bad in a while. He was full of energy, from the sugar I am sure, and basically drove me nuts. Well, he drove me nuts after several HOURS of listening to him. At some point, it does wear on my nerves.

He finally calmed down some time after dinner and his tics even seemed to subside a bit. It may be a while before I take him to another movie, but we did have a good time while we were there!

No comments:

Post a Comment