THE SHADDOX BOYS

Jacob and Elijah Shaddox are brothers. Jacob is 21 years old and just moved into an apartment with his girlfriend. He graduated from a technical college with an Associate's degree in Computer Maintenance. He works for a school district as a computer technician. Elijah is almost 18 years old. He is hearing impaired, has Tourette Syndrome, OCD and ADHD. He is a junior in high school. Elijah lives with his mom Mary and her wife, his stepmom. Mary has a bachelor's in deaf education and a masters in special education, and is an educational diagnostician. Life is always changing and this blog has chronicled many of these changes and will continue to do so!






Friday, August 10, 2012

My brother Alex!


















The boys and I travelled to Texas A&M University in College Station, TX this morning to see my little brother Alex receive his commission as a Second Lieutenant. I was 21 years old when he was born which seems like just yesterday. My sister Katie arrived three years later. I didn't become a mother until Alex was eight years old and Katie was five years old. I babysat these two so many weekends and even for a whole week at times when their parents travelled. These two hold a special place in my heart! They helped me be a better mom, by letting me practice my MOM skills on them. They even helped potty train Jacob! Katie has been attending Texas A&M, but is not in the corp of cadets. Alex was in the corp for four years and loved every bit of it.



I am hoping that by visiting the university today and seeing Alex, that Jacob will realize he has two years left before he graduates and he needs to start looking ahead. He has talked about joining the military, but I am not sure that he will. He still has time, but as we all know time passes way too quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment