THE SHADDOX BOYS

Jacob and Elijah Shaddox are brothers. Jacob is 21 years old and just moved into an apartment with his girlfriend. He graduated from a technical college with an Associate's degree in Computer Maintenance. He works for a school district as a computer technician. Elijah is almost 18 years old. He is hearing impaired, has Tourette Syndrome, OCD and ADHD. He is a junior in high school. Elijah lives with his mom Mary and her wife, his stepmom. Mary has a bachelor's in deaf education and a masters in special education, and is an educational diagnostician. Life is always changing and this blog has chronicled many of these changes and will continue to do so!






Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spring Break

Well Spring Break did not start off well. I got a phone call around 3:15 on Friday afternoon(last day of school) that Elijah had been aggressive again at school. I could hear him in the background yelling. Isn't life grand? I was told what happened and that they were afraid that he might not get on the bus. I was 90 minutes away and there was no way I could get to the school in time. Thankfully, he did get on the bus.

Needless to say, he is grounded for the entire Spring Break. He doesn't get to play with his nintendo DS, the Wii or my iPad. I have also found several web pages with free math and language arts worksheets. He is working on some now and worked on some yesterday.

I did call the doctor on Friday, because Elijah had been having a hard time falling asleep for the few nights prior to this and was awake before I woke up. She upped one of his meds and we had a planned trip to see her for Monday(tomorrow).

He has been pretty good all weekend, but he does show his attitude at times and I send him to his room. I really do get that he has impulsivity issues, but he has also got to learn how to control it or it will always get him in trouble. He has a pulmanologist appointment on Tuesday and Jacob sees the orthodontist on Wednesday.

Needless to say, when Elijah is grounded, I am also grounded. I limit what I watch on TV and he wants my attention since he doesn't have much to do. I would hope at some point, he would "get it" but I guess it is going to take more practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment