THE SHADDOX BOYS

Jacob and Elijah Shaddox are brothers. Jacob is 21 years old and just moved into an apartment with his girlfriend. He graduated from a technical college with an Associate's degree in Computer Maintenance. He works for a school district as a computer technician. Elijah is almost 18 years old. He is hearing impaired, has Tourette Syndrome, OCD and ADHD. He is a junior in high school. Elijah lives with his mom Mary and her wife, his stepmom. Mary has a bachelor's in deaf education and a masters in special education, and is an educational diagnostician. Life is always changing and this blog has chronicled many of these changes and will continue to do so!






Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Sometimes the Old Way is the Better Way

As I posted earlier, Jacob has been accepted to the Texas State Technical College in Waco, TX. We completed his FASFA information and then TSTC contacted us yesterday. We need to send in a copy of both of our IRS Income Tax Transcripts for 2013. I called the school to find out exactly how to do this, and the gentleman explained it to me.

Last night, I got on the IRS website and found what I needed. I completed the request online and was able to print a copy of my transcript. I actually was able to save it right onto my computer and then send it by email to TSTC. Before doing this, I wanted to get Jacob's transcript. Well, I completed the form online just as I had done mine, but the webpage said the information didn't match what was on the return. I tried again, thinking I had made a typo and got the same information. Jacob then sat down and did it, and again we got an ERROR message and we were then locked out.

I tried again tonight and the same thing happened. I then searched the web for "irs transcript" problem and found a FORM that you can complete and mail in to get a copy. The form then had a phone number you can call to request a copy. I called the number and it took all of three minutes to complete the request. I was NOT told that the information didn't match what was filed(there was information I had to answer to prove Jacob was Jacob) and we should get a copy in 5-10 business days. I will then scan the form in and send it to TSTC. I still don't know what the original problem was when we tried to request it online, but I am glad I could get it done over the PHONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment